Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday midday newsbriefs

Stonewall In 2009? Police Raid Texas Gay Bar, Arrest Patrons for “Public Intoxication” - No "witty" comments from me until this situation is fully evaulated.

House Leaders Plot Gay Rights Agenda - It's about time.

Wingnuttery From WingNutDaily: "See the impact of 'birth certificate' billboards nationwide" - Shades of how Obama will most likely stay in office - lunacy on the other side.
Catholic agency to cease new adoptions over gay parents - The birth of a new religious right talking point - "gays made the agency do it."

Now because we all need fiber in our diets:

'Gays' in the military - bad idea then, bad idea now - I asked it a while ago and I will ask it now. How is that Barber didn't tell the story of the gay man with "roaming hands" before, especially when Elaine Donnelly got destroyed in front of Congress. The most she had was a specious anecdote from the 1970s. I don't believe Barber's anecdote.

One last thing - I am currently working on piece that I hope will be widely read. It gives a view on yet another way the religious right tries to push bad information.

It's called: The American College of Pediatricians and the Laundering of Junk Science.

I hope to have it done and posted by either this afternoon or tomorrow morning.




Bookmark and Share

No comments: