Thursday, July 02, 2009

Thursday midday news briefs

My Post-Pride Dream: Memories, Observations and Hopes for a Fragmented Community - The single best piece I have ever read on the state of the lgbt community. And I am not talking about our fight for equality. When that is over (after we have won), the lgbt community will have to face just how homophobia has damaged us as a people in terms of how we relate to each other.

X-Factor Comic Gets First Gay Kiss - Rictor and Shatterstar kiss. Makes me sorry I got rid of my action figures of the two.

As gay discharges continue, sailor is murdered - This ain't good at all.

Obama White House Not Appealing Transgender Ruling - Good.

KC volunteer assaulted at Omaha Gay Pride - I'm all for "killing with kindness," but if someone puts me in a headlock, I'm kicking his ass.

Maggie Gallagher Just Doesn't Trust Men Who Want Children - Gee Maggie, why don't you just say it directly instead of hemming and hawing. Yet another religious right figure exploiting the Frank Lombard situation.

And because I believe in a diet rich in fiber, a bit from One News Now:

'FistGate' tapes go public; GLSEN doesn't deny - Another attempt to attack Kevin Jennings. Long story short - of course GLSEN did not deny the accuracy of the tapes because neither GLSEN nor Jennings had anything to do with the so-called Fistgate incident.





Bookmark and Share

No comments: