Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Men kicked out of New Zealand town for allegedly 'being gay' and other Tuesday midday news briefs

Portrait of dissension developing at Castro Camera - I DO NOT like division in the lgbt community because it takes away energy and attention away from our true enemies on the right. But Jeremy Hooper has a point with why there is underlaying tension against the Human Rights Campaign.

NH High School Student Traumatized By Book On Income Inequality - So a student is so "traumatized" by a description of Jesus in the book that he has to be home-schooled. I'm sorry but seeing that he is defended by a group - Focus on the Family - who makes it their mission to keep pro-lgbt literature from schools, I find it hard to sympathize with the high school student.

Colorado: First Openly Gay Latina Supreme Court Justice Sworn In - This is SO cool!

Men allegedly order "gay" pair out of town - A nasty hot mess in New Zealand.

DMV employee in transgender privacy case suspended - From what I understand, this was the second time he committed this offense. He should have been fired.





Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Imagine being traumatized by a description of Jesus Christ as a wine guzzling vagrant. I wonder what would have happened if the poor guy had been exposed to Piss Christ in art class.

In any event, I wonder if the objection here is to the underlying message of Nickled in Dimed (which for the record, I have not read, although I've heard of it)? I understand that it deals with the plight of people of lower economic status and how they're taken advantage of by the rich and powerful.

This would ultimately mean that it's underlying themes would be very much in line with the themes and messages that Jesus often expressed, would it not?

I mean should it come as a shock to any of us that Focus on the Family wants to claim it's "Christian" but comes out against a book with a rather Christian message at this point?