Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Religious right raising money for alleged lawbreaker and other Wednesday midday news briefs

$30K Raised For Man Charged With Assisting Lisa Miller - Really not a surprise. I have no doubt $30,000 is there and I have no doubt that more is forthcoming. But I do doubt the notion that a lot of this money, if not all of it, was sent it by folks concerned about this man's well-being. My guess is that the same folks involved with keeping Janet Jenkins away from her daughter are the same folks footing the bill here.

Former MI Asst. AG: I'm A Victim Of A 'Homosexual Activist Agenda' - Right. It has nothing to do with how you stalked the young man in question.

Presbyterian Church votes to allow gay ordination - This is good news indeed!

Navy revokes guidance on same-sex marriages - Ugh. For one brief shining moment, it was Camelot. This is why voting is important folks. The religious right still has enough sway in Congress to buffalo stuff like this.

West Bend School Board refuses to sanction Gay-Straight Alliance - Sue, sue, sue!



Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Mykelb said...

The international terrorists of the Liberty Counsel will have to pay dearly for kidnapping and then covering it up. I hope that the FBI makes a federal case against these yahoos.

Unknown said...

Re: Lisa Miller -- This... oh, it just pushes my Berserk Button! I'm hoping that little Isabella comes home safely.

Re: Shirvell -- Dude, no. Just... come out, already. I promise we don't bite (unless you ask nicely.)