Thursday, February 09, 2012

'Gays will lose because they are perverts' and other Thursday midday news briefs

Editor's note - It is rare that I receive negative comments on my posts and it is even rarer that I feature these posts. However a comment today on my Chai Feldblum post deserves a spotlight. A certain anonymous (funny how they are always anonymous) commentator wrote me the following:

Sorry, guys, but you will loose in the end. Last time I checked, the Sun was still coming up in the East. You are perverts not because of your sexual proclivities but because of your mentality. Zero sum game, as Chai said. Normal people win, you loose.

Of course I had to answer him/her back. To read what I said, go to the post in question. And if you feel the need to respond to him/her yourself, by all means please do. Don't be too mean (no threats or vulgar language) or try to totally annihilate the child.. Save some for other commentators.

In other news:

Marriage Equality Bill Introduced in Illinois - In 2004, anti-marriage equality bills hit the country like a tidal wave. I think it's time for us to have a tidal wave of our own.

Eye doctor warns of dangers 
of political protest 
on gay 
marriage - Stop this glitter-bombing shit now!

Uganda gov’t says it does not support anti-gay bill reintroduced to parliament this week - Let us pray that this awful bill does not succeed.

Truth Wins Out to Slam Newt Gingrich for Hypocrisy on Marriage Equality in Thursday Roll Call Ad - Pluck that turkey, Truth Wins Out!




Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Sera Wohldmann said...

RE: Tidal Wave

Y'know, I've been thinking exactly that. It's only February, and we have a Win in Washington for marriage, good contests going in New Jersey (would be a win if Christie would remove head from sphincter) & Maryland, Prop 8 unconstitutional for California, Illinois introduced a marriage bill AND joined Rhode Island in passing hate crime protections for gender identity.

Only February. Momentum is on our side. Polling in our favour. Media visibility for same sex couples & finally positive trans portrayals. Could we see some ENDA action (beyond the likely possibility of Fed's Contractor policy update)?

I would love it. And if this course continues, that would likely guarantee a sinking of the GOP-bigot* boat in an election year.

(*Disclaimer: I do not believe all Republicans are bigots, but we all know the flavour I'm talking about)

Daniel Wachenheim said...

Maybe the international pressures against Uganda have been helpful! I hope so. The death-to-gays bill brought profound shame on American hate-filled evangelicals like Scott Lively, who propagated their scape-goating agenda in Uganda. There is hope that not all religious leaders in Uganda are antigay - but I worry for those who suffer there. http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/tag/scott-lively