Tuesday, April 16, 2013

'NOM hands out evidence of hypocrisy on a silver platter' and other Tuesday midday news briefs

Let's see if we get this correct. According to NOM, this is exploiting a child:



But the image below, taken from NOM's blog, is okay:


It's so easy when your opposition puts their hypocrisy on center stage. (Hat tip to Jeremy Hooper and SHP1972 on twitter)

In other news: 

Conservatives Claim Discriminating Florist Is Victim Of Gay Nazism - (Facepalm) WHAT?!

Transgender shopper served trespassing papers for bathroom use - There needs to be some SERIOUS education here!

Pat Robertson’s CBN News Blames Anti-Gay Violence in France on Immigrants and Muslims - Apparently in America,  all you need is a lot of money and a bad hairdo for people to listen to any nonsense you peddle.

Fox Nation, Daily Caller Need Guns To Express Concern About Marriage Equality - So they don't want us to marry but they want us to carry guns. Something is seriously out-of-joint here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

“Cringe-Inducing: MSNBC Host Uses Young Daughter to Push Gay Marriage”

“Cringe-Inducing”

Charming.

Jack Harton said...

Unfortunately, human nature is built around many horrible concepts that are not likely to ever change. Included in those concepts, and maybe at the very heart of them, is hypocrisy. Because, no matter what your beliefs, ideals, morals, etc, you are always going to do something that clashes with someone else. It is unavoidable.

It is also unavoidable that in defending your beliefs and ideals, you are going to have to point out what you believe to be wrong with the person's thoughts that you are defending against. Both sides of every debate, at one point or another, are hypocrites. It's an endless cycle of human nature that we will never escape.

Anonymous said...

I'm a gay with guns. After what is happening in France, you can be damn sure I'm not going to leave my house unless I'm packing!

Unknown said...

Jack, you make a great point.

We’re all hypocrites in one way or another. Every decision we make (and the consequences of it) often conflict with other convicted stands we’ve made. So I think the issue is with how we resolve and admit to that hypocrisy.

I’m doing a hit-piece on an anti gay/exgay activist hypocrite, but it’s clear to me that I’m justifying “lies” of omission in the process. Not in the name of malice, but for the sake of brevity to inform.

I never cast it off as something that’s “ok,” it’s a constant battle. I think the difference is that I’m willing to stand by and explain my hypocrisy, if and/or when need be.

I haven’t found a better way yet, but I do know that it’s COMPLETELY different from being hypocritical for the sake of using it as a malicious means to an end.

It’s like being against killing someone. I see the death penalty as act of vengeance, not justice. However, killing someone to protect others is not born of malice, it’s born of love.

So, in a nutshell, it comes down to motive.