Thursday, May 09, 2013

Bryan Fischer refuses to answer question about 'gay impulses'

Editor's note - Congratulations to the Minnesota House of Representatives who voted for marriage equality!  Now onto the Senate and we will have marriage equality in Minnesota!

In the middle of the Minnesota celebration came news about anti-gay activist Bryan Fischer which may either make you laugh or nauseate you. During a very recent interview with Alan Colmes, Fischer refused to answer whether or not he has ever "experienced any gay impulses:"



Transcript: 

Colmes: Have you ever had a gay impulse?
Fischer: (Laughing) Alan, I am not going to talk about that ...
Colmes: I'm just wondering ...
Fischer: Alan, I'm not going to go there. Give it a rest Alan ...
Colmes: It's a simple yes or no question.
Fischer: We're not going to talk about that.
Colmes: Because maybe if you've been able to overcome your gay impulses and you've been successful in doing it, you could be a model for other people you'd like to see act the same way.
Fischer: The focus here, Alan, is that everybody experiences sexual impulses that if they acted on those impulses, it would destroy them.
Colmes: Well, can you give me an example from your own life? What would be some of yours?
Fischer: You've experienced them ...
Colmes: I have?
Fischer: I've experienced them. Every man, every woman has experienced certain sexual impulses that, if they acted on them, if they conducted themselves by yielding to those impulses, it would destroy them. Ask Tiger Woods about that.
Colmes: I don't think I've ever had sexual impulses that would destroy the society or the culture or make me a deviant in some way. I honestly don't think that's ever happened, even in your eyes, so I'm surprised. I wonder what impulses you're talking about. If you've had them, I'd love to know what they are.
Fischer: Well the focus Alan is on sexual conduct, sexual behavior, not on sexual impulse ...
Colmes: So you won't tell me whether you yourself have been able to overcome a gay impulse?
Fischer: Alan, give it a rest.

I will let you judge why it was so difficult for Fischer to give a "yes" or "no" answer. However, if it turns out that Fischer is "family" even in the smallest way, can we somehow give him to the heterosexuals? I mean one gay asshole per generation is enough and that role is already taken, right Matt Drudge?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suspicious, very, very suspicious. If you forced me to make a bet I would say YES he is closeted, self hating.

Look I am as straight as they come. I mean 1,000% straight. If I was asked if I ever had a gay impuse , "No" would roll off my lips in a nano second. The fact is, those of us who ate 1,000% straight we can answer this question quickly and forthrightly.

Alvin, I do think you are on to something here.

Anonymous said...

"Fischer: Alan, give it a rest."

Brian, give your obsession with my sex life a rest.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if he's gay, but it's quite obvious that he doesn't feel comfortable when other people start probing into his deeply personal psyche. It's a shame he seems unwilling to grant others the dignity of privacy he wanted Colmes to grant him.

Anonymous said...

Where there's smoke there's probably fire.

I can't stand Fischer to be honest. I've seen his videos and I just want to put a brick through my screen on the computer every time he talks.

Tor said...

I don't like calling someone like BF gay. A gay person admits and accepts his/her homosexuality, at least to him/herself. Someone with SSA who denies it and fights tooth and nail against it and other people is something else.

Gregory Peterson said...

Hasn't there been a couple of studies that strongly suggest that the most homophobic are often bisexual?

I would add...bisexual as well as being tragic victims of APS, authoritarian personality syndrome. (I'm being sarcastic about the religious right's never the hater, always the victim.)

Anonymous said...

"The [sir] doth protest too much, methinks"

Lori Makes Quilts said...

It is odd that he won't just answer "no". Does he actually have a conscience and won't lie about it? Doubtful. Maybe some guy has Fischer's balls in his grip and will spill the beans if he gets denied. lol