Monday, June 17, 2013

Nomoredownlow.tv is an excellent series which needs more attention



Nomoredownlow.tv is probably the best online serious you have never heard about. It covers lgbt issues from a people of color perspective. In this particular episode:

Are we under the microscope? Is the media sensationalizing our failed relationships?  Has our quest for equality led to more public scrutiny? In this edition of the award winning web series, NoMoreDownLow.TV, we examine the media’s coverage of African American same gender loving people and their relationships. Then, we’ll also meet Kai, a Transman who made a bold decision to become the person he wanted to be. Plus, we’ll introduce you to Dr. Boogie, one of Hollywood’s most sought after celebrity hair stylists and discover his passion for breading Italian Mastiff Dogs. Co-host Janora McDuffie & Kendell are on location at One National Gay & Lesbian Archives on the campus of the University of Southern California.

1 comment:

Erica Cook said...

I have heard of them, though you in fact. One thing struck me. Over the years I've signed petitions to stop LGBT violence, usually after a hate crime. Though the victims are of many races, black and white only being two, I never really looked at the race of them. That may sound strange, but I was raised to think of race as a detail and nothing more, and when violence happens that race is the last thing I'm thinking of. But looking back I have to say there is a problem with with black LGBT violence. I can't say if there is more of a problem or less, but I can look back and see the faces of many people who were black. Again I can't say off the top of my head if there were more, but perhaps more than average.

I wonder what could contribute to this.