Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Take out 'gay.' Put in 'black' or 'Jewish'

I've got a new thought. Every time a member of the opposition plays the "I'm being picked on and called a bigot simply because I believe in Christian values" card, they should be made aware of this video featuring - your friend and mine - Matt Barber and Steve Crampton. I mean you want to talk about bigotry, ignorance, and homophobia defined in less than three minutes, take a gander. The hate here is so universal that you could substitute the word "African-American" or "Jewish" for "homosexual" without batting an eye:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This made me . And to think that there are many more out there who think like this. I was recently all but told that I was going to Hell by a close family friend, one who I called Aunt, because I supported gay marriage. She kept trying to use examples from the Bible, but I kept it civil on my part and didn't bash her religion, though I easily could have. I have actually had preachers QUIT after I talked to them, because I knew more about their scripture than they did and poked holes in everything they were trying to say.

Jerry Callender said...

there is nothing two men, or two women can/would/might do that a woman and a man don't do...

Trahelion said...

He said homosexuals base their entire identity on their sex lives?

No, I fear that is something people like him do to us. Have these people even met a gay person? Of course they have, but did they actually think to talk about it with and try to see their perspective?

Where do they even get these ideas?

Anonymous said...

I recommend putting in the words "white" or "Christian" and see how that goes down. ;-)

Erica Cook said...

When they pull the "christian values" card I just point out that they've just shown why I'm not a christian. I'd rather have good strong Wiccan values. They don't tell someone they're sinners for existing.

olandp said...

Fortunately I am not, don't know, and have never met "the average homosexual." Everyone I know is extraordinary.