Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Twelve-year-old defends marriage equality, his family



When members of organizations such as the Family Research Council and the National Organization for Marriage and others who oppose marriage equality begin their talking point tangents about how supposedly "the most optimum home for a child is that with a mother and a father," they always conveniently forget that lgbts are already raising children and are doing it quite well.

Twelve-year-old Riley Hackford-Peer reminds not only them, but all of us about that simple fact.

From the Huffington Post:

A 12-year-old boy is reminding us this week of the true meaning of marriage and family. Standing before a boisterous crowd of marriage equality supporters inside the state capitol in Salt Lake City on Friday, Riley Hackford-Peer spoke about his experiences as a child of gay parents and the love they've shown him and his younger brother through the years. "I'm here today to talk about love, family and equal rights," Hackford-Peer told the cheering crowd. "Some people do not believe that I'm from a loving family because my moms are gay -- they are wrong. I love my moms, and my moms love me and my brother, unconditionally." 

No comments: