Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Fox News journalist Shepard Smith cries foul on Kim Davis, supporters

So Kim Davis has been released from jail with some provisos and though she and her supporters may act as if they won, and people like Mike Huckabee and Brian Brown may act like something great has happened, it's still a loss for them.

Marriage equality is still legal and if Ms. Davis interferes with other clerks granting marriage licenses, then back to jail she goes. In other words, I doubt this is over because of the obstinate nature of anti-gay activists, something which I spent quite a number of years studying.

But today, I really despise Kim Davis. Granted, her crusade was bad enough, but now she has personally offended me. Twice today, I've had to compliment someone from Fox News for telling the truth about her controversy.  This morning was a panel calling out Davis and her Liberty Counsel attorney.

And now is Fox News journalist Shepard Smith with a few words which practically nails what this madness is all about:


2 comments:

Erica Cook said...

It does feel like an unnatural act to say they got anything right, doesn't it? I literally couldn't believe my ears on the first Fox post. But you know what they say, if you only ever scold, and never praise any good children never learn.

MrBenz said...

Kind of makes one stomach queezy, does it not Alvin?