Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Video - LGBT community stand against fear mongering at Charlotte City Council meeting

By a vote of 7-4, Charlotte City Council passed a pro-lgbt nondiscrimination ordinance. Unfortunately, like with all pro-lgbt nondiscrimination ordinances lately, opponents focused their attention on demonizing the transgender community. Most specifically, they continued to spin the popular lie that predators and pedophiles will disguise themselves as women to assault little girls and older women in restrooms and locker rooms.

Courtesy of the Charlotte Observer is a video featuring testimony for and against the ordinance which took place before the vote:

1 comment:

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

I love the "I'm not a fearmonger! I just want to protect my children from [insert boogyman here!" take. Then again, "I'm not [insert attitude problem here] but..." is usually followed by [yep, you guessed it.]